Thursday 27 August 2009

Reid and health care

When I look at Reid's performance in trying to shepherd health reform through the Senate, my reaction is...LBJ was a wartime consigliere, Reid is not.

SONNY I want you to find out where that ol' pimp Tattaglia is hiding -- I want his ass now -- right now!
TOM (after he stops Sonny) Hey -- Sonny...
SONNY What?
TOM Things are starting to loosen up a little bit. If you go after Tattaglia all hell's gonna break --
SONNY (background) Oh, Tom...
TOM (continuing) -- loose. Let -- let the smoke clear -- Pop can negotiate.
SONNY No, Pop can't do nothin' til he's better! I'm going to decide what's going to be done --
TOM All right, but your war is costing us a lot of money; nothing's coming in! --
SONNY (background) Whattsa matter?
TOM (continuing) -- We can't do business.
SONNY Well neither can they! Don't worry about it.
TOM They don't have our over-head!
SONNY Please, don't worry about it!
TOM We can't afford a stalemate!
SONNY Well, then, there ain't no more stalemate -- I'm gonna end it by killin' that old bastard! I'm gonna...kill...
TOM Yeah, well you're getting a great reputation! -- I hope you're enjoying it...
SONNY Well you just do what I tell you to do! Goddamn it! If I had a wartime consiglieri -- a Sicilian -- I wouldn't be in this shape! Pop had Genco -- look what I got.

No comments: