Thursday 14 May 2009

McCain's Mom gives Rush a whuppin'

John McCain's 97-year-old mother just took a two-by-four to Rush Limbaugh's head.

Mrs McCain: [Limbaugh] "does not represent the Republican Party that I belong to....I belong to the Republican Party....What he represents of the Republican Party has nothing to do with my side of it. I don't know what the man means, I don't know what he's talking about. I think [Steele] was exactly right when he defined this man as an entertainer. To my horror, the Republican Party made him back up on it.....I, myself, can't figure out that type of person who really more or less gets joy out of denigrating people. I'm just not that type of person, I don't have friends like that, and thank God I am not around people like him."

In response, RedState.com is running attacks against Mrs. McCain, trying to expel her from the residents board of her senior center, and is backing an election challenge from an arch-conservative, 102-year-old Floyd R. Turbo, because he "shares our values".

Okay, I made that last part up.


**UPDATE** -- Limbaugh actually hit back at McCain's Mom!

"The Republican Party she belongs to gets shellacked election after election after election."

No comments: